Phone: (972) 717-5690
1701 W. Northwest Hwy, Suite 100 Grapevine, TX 76051
Irving, TX 75014
DCA v10.0 - More Flexibilty for Complex Data Migrations!
Data Conversion Architect version 10.0 is now available
Universal Conversion Technologies, (UCT), the leader in data migrations for Insurance industry, is excited to announce our newest release of our Data Conversion Architect tool set (DCA), version 10.
Among the many enhancements in DCA v10, any number of DCA systems can now be combined into a single conversion project. This increases DCA flexibility and allows a DCA virtual conversion project to closely reflect an actual conversion project. Also added to DCA v10 are new map search features, expanded table processing capabilities, and enhancements to DCA's already robust data security features. Read on for a brief summary of major enhancements.
- New System Features - The datamap find and replace feature in DCA has been added to the top of the datamap edit pages and is compatible with all Internet Explorer versions. The user interface is intuitive and makes finding or replacing strings in the datamap easier than ever.
- Improved Datamap Find and Replace - DCA Synchronization ensures that all files managed in DCA are mirrored to the conversion system execution environment. DCA 9.5 allows files to be synchronized not only through FTP but includes new features that allow files to be moved faster and more securely to any network location that is accessible to the DCA server. In addition, DCA 9.5 is even more adaptable to the complex environments that frequently accompany large-scale data conversions. Each file type now has its own synchronization location, which allows the various files to be synchronized to any number of machines in the corporate network.
- Table Entry Maximum Length - Tables in DCA v10 now include a maximum length for the source and target values. These fields are used while validating maps to alert the user of potential data truncation. They are also used in the conversion code that is generated by DCA to check for run-time data truncation.
- Formatted Tables - In DCA, a "table" relates source and target system values so that a source value can be translated into the correct corresponding target system value. Tables can contain many thousands of values and can be unwieldy. The new Formatted Tables feature creates a portable and user-friendly report of tables used in a DCA project. Reports are created in easy to use Excel/HTML format so they can be easily shared for reviews and walkthroughs.
- New Record Definition Create/Edit Features - Record definitions, like copybooks in a COBOL system, are often created or modified to meet some data conversion need. DCA v10 has added a new feature for creating a record definition from scratch as well as another feature for creating a record definition from a copy of a different record definition. In addition, DCA v10 builds-in information to help the non-programmer ensure that created and edited COBOL copybooks are syntactically correct.
- Data Security Rules - DCA v10 adds two new rules to the set of conversion rules that a user can enter into a datamap. With Version 10, the user can "mask" sensitive client information so that converted data can be used for target system loading and testing without exposing sensitive client information to unauthorized parties. The MASK rule provides three masking options (obliterate, replacement, and algorithm) that specifies whether masked data can be unmasked using the UNMASK rule.