- UCT Services
- About Us
- Reduce Migration Risk Video
- Case Studies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Press Releases
- Data Migration Tools
- More Information
Phone: (972) 717-5690
1701 W. Northwest Hwy, Suite 100 Grapevine, TX 76051
Irving, TX 75014
DCA v9.5 - Better Accommodation for Secure Environments!
Data Conversion Architect version 9.5 is now available
UCT is please to announce the availability of DCA version 9.5. In this release, UCT looked at our customers' complex infrastructures and how they have evolved to accommodate changing security requirements. As a result we have added many new features to make DCA easier to use within those environments.
- Access files and folders in any location - DCA digests meta-data files and creates files containing conversion modules. In DCA 9.5 all file-based features have been enhanced to allow the user to select files and folders from virtually any location that they have the permissions to access. A consistent and easy-to-use interface provides access to standard browser-based file upload, FTP, or a new browse-for-file feature that allows the user to select files on the DCA server. So regardless of whether the file is on the user's computer or attached to some distant machine in the corporate network, DCA can access or save it quickly and easily - eliminating any need to move it around to make it available to DCA.
- Synchronization Improvements - DCA Synchronization ensures that all files managed in DCA are mirrored to the conversion system execution environment. DCA 9.5 allows files to be synchronized not only through FTP but includes new features that allow files to be moved faster and more securely to any network location that is accessible to the DCA server. In addition, DCA 9.5 is even more adaptable to the complex environments that frequently accompany large-scale data conversions. Each file type now has its own synchronization location, which allows the various files to be synchronized to any number of machines in the corporate network.
- New and Improved Components Features - Components are files of various types that are used in data conversions. DCA 9.5 has a host of new features that make collecting, sharing, and editing of these files possible. Now a JCL component on a legacy platform, for example, can be stored in libraries in DCA, edited, and the changes are automatically synchronized back to the conversion platform. At the same time a report component detailing the results of the last conversion test can be selected and reviewed from a different DCA library. DCA dynamic component creation features make it possible for the user to create any type of component they need and allows that component type to be managed separately from any other. In addition, project portability has been enhanced by including component files in the Project Import, Export, and Archive features.
- External Table Improvements - Many types of data are stored in tables and accessible to conversion maps in DCA. DCA 9.5 has removed impediments to table size by performing server-side table validation, allowing tables that are still under construction to be stored for later editing, and selectively building project table data from completed tables.
- UCT BA Messages Improvements - Formatted reports in DCA allow the user to easily review conversion, auditing, and balancing results. In DCA 9.5, these reports feature color-coded messages, an improved message summary that gives greater detail, buttons for commonly used macros, static headers, an optional replacement tag for "Record", and many other presentation improvements.
- XSD and XML Processing Changes - In DCA 9.5, numerous changes have been made to DCA to improve how XML is handled. Now, the user can select elements from either XSD-ordered select lists or alphabetical select lists and color-coding makes it easy to identify the elements that are already included in maps.
- Metadata Descriptions - Metadata files from some legacy systems are notoriously cryptic due to 8 character name limitations. DCA 9.5 gives the user the ability to add a short description to these files. This short description is displayed whenever the user needs to select one of the files making it easy to locate the correct metadata file with confidence.
- DAYS-BETWEEN Command - Our list of mapping commands continues to grow to meet your data conversion needs. These commands include date functions that enable conversions and arithmetic on a variety of date types. The new DAYS-BETWEEN command allows the user to calculate the days in between any 2 dates of varying types.
- Performance and Other Miscellaneous Improvements - UCT is committed to making our tools faster and easier to use with each release. In this release, the processing speed of the conversion modules was greatly increased by making the string manipulation and delimited data file functions more efficient. In addition, size restrictions on map and trigger descriptions were removed. Finally, many smaller improvements were made to the presentation of DCA to make it more consistent and improve the presentation of functional elements.